Survival Items – The Bandana
Believe it or not a bandanna is a very handy survival item. They’re cheap (about $1 a piece) and take up very little room in your bag.
So why is the Bandana such a good survival item? Here a few reasons:
- They are great for keeping your head warm in the cold or cool in the hot sun.
- It can be used as an emergency bandage or to wrap a sprained ankle.
- Can be soaked in cold water and wrapped around the neck to prevent heat exhaustion.
- Cleaning (use as a napkin, wash cloth or towel)
- Can be used as a pot holder for grabbing stuff off the campfire.
- Can be used to wrap gear in your backpack to prevent it from making noise.
- Use it as a Bum Bag to carry supplies
- Use to cover food.
- Use as a wrap for a handmade torch or lamp, or use as emergency tinder.
- Can be used as an emergency dust mask.
- Can be tucked into the back of a ball cap to protect your neck from the sun.
- Used as part of an emergency water filter.
- Bright colored Bandana can be tied to a stick and used as a signal flag.