California to Ban all Semi-Automatic Guns, Confiscate Firearms and Limit Ammo Sales
California legislators are in the process of rolling out what will be the strictest gun control laws in the country. Democrat state Legislatures rolled out a list of proposals that will instantly criminalize most of the state’s law abiding gun owners.
The new law would outlaw all semiautomatic weapons, criminalize anyone who has more than 500 rounds of ammo, and require a permit to buy ammunition in the future. California, which already has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, is also looking at a proposal which would call for the immediate confiscation of 166,000 registered modern sporting rifles. This is why people are against Registration!
Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, unveiled the gun control package in a news conference Thursday at the state Capitol.
The package includes:
- Banning the possession — not just manufacture and sale — of magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
- Making possession of hollow point bullets and similar “assault bullets” a felony.
- Requiring anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check.
- Requiring the registration and reporting of all ammo purchases. Limits the number of rounds anyone can have at one time to 500 rounds.
- Requiring all gun owners will have to be licensed like drivers, and will be forced to carry gun liability insurance.
- Banning any gun that has a detachable magazine, and requires a 100% prohibition of all fixed magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Making all previous grandfathered magazines become illegal, and it will become a felony if you keep one.
- Prohibiting anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept
- Expanding the list of crimes that would bar a person from gun possession.
- Letting the state Justice Department use money from the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.