Survival Kit Items – The Canteen
I can’t understate the value of being able to store and sanitize water.
In a survival situation, your number one priority is usually finding fresh water. Depending on your situation, you’ll probably need to find water within the first 24 hours. Having a good metal canteen is essential to your survival.
Why I love Stainless Steel Canteens
- They’re Dual Purpose! A good stainless steel canteen not only gives you the ability to store water, but it also doubles as a cooking vessel to sanitize any water you find.
- They’re stronger than plastic bottles. The last thing you want to worry about is a leaking plastic bottle. In my opinion, stainless steel bottles are a much better option.
- They’re Safer. They don’t leach dangerous chemicals into your water like plastic bottles.
- They Taste Better. In my opinion, water stored in my Stainless Steel Klean Kanteen tastes far better than any other plastic bottles I’ve tried.
- Water is the key to survival. Without water you die. You need the ability to store, carry and purify water; a metal canteen can do all three.