Is DHS preparing for Civil Uprising?
News broke earlier this week that The Department of Homeland Security was in the process of preparing for large scale civil unrest around election time. DHS submitted a rushed solicitation to the Federal Business Opportunities website for the procurement of riot gear equipment.
The brief explained the need for the equipment by stating:
“the objective of this effort is to procure riot gear to prepare for the 2012 Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the 2013 Presidential Inauguration and other future similar activities.
Over the last couple of months the Obama administration has been secretly ramping up its preparedness efforts in anticipation of large scale civil unrest. We have documented numerous examples of how the federal government was preparing like,
- The extension of the National Emergencies Act
- Large scale military urban training drills in Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles , and Tampa
- The National Defense Resources Preparedness Order.
- The Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions executive order which would give the feds the ability to seize the internet and all domestic communication technologies.
- The Federal Detention centers that were set up during the NATO summit in Chicago
- And the passage of the NDAA that would allow for the indefinite detention of American citizens without a trial.
Buckle up folks, it looks like we might be in for a bumpy ride!