New York Senate Passes Gun Confiscation Bill: New Yorkers, You Now Have No Rights
If you live in New York, Your State legislators have just declared open season on all law abiding gun owners.
In a late night session, New York Legislators passed the most draconian gun bill in the nation with a vote of 43 to 18.The bill, which expands the state’s ban on so called “assault weapons”, has a number of even more troubling provisions that should scare the hell out of any freedom loving people.
The Bill, which was hurried through the State Senate last night, was signed into law late this afternoon.
The Bill sets up the following measures in New York:
- An expanded ban on assault weapons that broadens the definition to include semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one “military-style feature”.
- It Forces gun owners to renew their licenses every five years.
- Bans semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature.
- Bans any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition.
- Requires anyone with these weapons to immediately register them with the state.
In my opinion, the scariest part of this bill is what they are calling the Mental Hygiene Law. The bill allows healthcare workers to essentially turn in anyone they think is a danger to society. This means health care workers will now be able to decide who keeps their guns, and who has to turn them in. Say one thing wrong, or one thing that might be a little politically incorrect, and depending on the healthcare worker you could be in for a world of trouble.
Once a healthcare worker reports an individual, New York laws enforcement agents will then be authorized to confiscate any firearm owned by the “dangerous patient”. The bill also gives New York officials more power to commit these so called “dangerous patients” into mental facilities.