President Obama, surrounded by children and victims of the recent school shootings, announced that his administration will be working with congress to pass a wide range of gun control measures and bans. He also announced that his administration will be issuing at least 23 executive orders related to guns.
Obamacare To Be Used To Push Gun Control
As part of president Obama’s 23 executive actions, the White House is asking doctors to essentially spy on their patients. The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers encouraging them to ask probing questions about guns.
Doctors will be expected to ask patients about firearms in their homes, and will be asked to find out how these guns are being stored. The directive also asks them to report any suspicious behavior directly to the federal government.
Some of the 23 executive orders include:
- Require federal agencies to make data available to the federal background check system
- Adds medical and insurance information to background check system.
- Encourages states to share information with the background check system.
- Attorney General to add more “prohibited categories of people” to background check system.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research the causes of gun violence and gun culture.