The fact is, we live in a world where bad things happen. You can either bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is going to be ok, or you can take the necessary preparedness steps to ensure your safety, and the safety of those you love.
The odds of you and your family experiencing some type of disaster seem to be increasing. From financial troubles and social unrest, to the downright uncertainty of what the future has in store for us, you can no longer afford to ignore what’s going on.
Here are 5 things that every beginner should do.
- Stock up on the Necessities – Start stocking up on the basics; things that you know you’ll need to survive in the future. Check out our list of foods to start stockpiling.
- Learn the Basics of Survival – There are really only a couple of basic survival necessitates; food, water and shelter are the basic building blocks that you should start with. Make sure you know how to find all three during an emergency. Click here to read more about the basics of survival.
- Bug Out Bag – Having a well-stocked bug out bag can really improve your chances of survival when disaster strikes. Building a custom bug out bag that you can quickly grab during an emergency situation is essential. Click here to for more information on Bug out Bags
- Have an Evacuation Plan – Having an emergency evacuation plan is critical during any survival situation. Click here to find out what should be in your emergency plan.
- Learn – Start learning everything you can about survival. Read books like SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea or The Ultimate Situational Survival Guide: Self-Reliance Strategies for a Dangerous World, subscribe to our RSS Feed, follow us on Twitter, check out our past survival articles, and check out our big list of survival websites. Knowledge is one of the keys to survival!