Should I prepare to survive 2012?
From abnormal weather, earth changes, and other increased anomalies to comet elenin and the infamous Mayan prophecies, the internet is buzzing with millions doomsday scenarios. While I doubt that anything will actually happen to the world as a result of 2012, I do think it’s wise to be prepared for whatever may be coming.
Does December 21, 2012 spell disaster for the world?
Again, I really don’t buy into the whole Mayan thing, but there are a couple of reasons that 2012 could be a scary year.
1. A self-fulfilling prophecy – One thing that worries me about all the 2012 talk, is the possibility that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. With all the bad things going on in the world, you almost have to wonder if we’ve brought some of it upon ourselves.
2. Wackos, wackjobs and hooligans – As we get closer to the December 21, 2012 date, we are bound to have an uptick in craziness. The closer we get to that date, the more people will start to blame every little anomaly on the “end of the world.” When that starts to happen, a certain segment of our population could start to act out and become a threat to your survival.
You need to be prepared to protect yourself and your family from the possible dangers that lie ahead.
3. Crazy weather patterns and earth changes – A number of prominent scientists have suggested that disruptions in the solar cycle have already started to wreak havoc on the earth. While they are only theories at this point, many have blamed the earthquake in Japan and New Zealand on an increase in solar activity.
If these theories are correct, we could be in for a very chaotic couple of years. The solar cycle is expected to peak sometime towards the end of 2012.
3. Solar flares – The increase solar activity also means that we are at a greater risk of being affected by a damaging solar flare. Earlier this year, NASA released a warning that said a direct hit could cause massive widespread blackouts, travel problems, and damage that could affect the power grid for months.
Solar Flares have created problems in the past and a direct hit by a large solar flare could completely shut down the power grid. If the power grid goes down, will you be ready?
4. An economy in turmoil – It seems like every time I turn on the news some”expert” is spouting off about how bad the economy is. From a double dip recession to fears of another great depression, the economy poses a number of challenges that could cause major problems in 2012.
If we were to be plunged into another depression, I doubt that our current culture could handle the shock. Americans have become so accustomed to getting everything they want, that should a crisis like that occur, the effect on our current society would be catastrophic. Within very short order, I would expect to see massive rioting, a huge spike in violent crimes, and a rash of burglaries.
5. Political Armageddon – We are living in turbulent times. The election of 2012 has many worried and could be another potential trigger point that causes massive social unrest. From fanatical extremists who are bound to riot if Obama loses, to overzealous wackos who may go nuts if he wins, the election of 2012 is another big cause for concern.
When you see the chaos going on throughout the Middle East and Europe, I don’t think it’s that far-fetched to think it could happen here. Just look at the massive protests in Wisconsin and other parts of the country during the last couple of months; people are on edge and political partisanship is only making things worse.
So what does 2012 have in store for us?
I think the earthquake, tsunami and resulting nuclear disaster in Japan woke a lot of people up to how quickly things can go bad.
Only time will tell, but if you haven’t started prepping for what’s ahead, your time may be quickly running out. Remember, bad things can happen at any minute and even if you don’t buy into the whole 2012 Armageddon thing, you should be prepared anyways.
You never know what the next disaster will be, where it will hit, and when it will happen. I advise you adopt the old Boy Scouts motto and always be prepared!