Vehicle Prepping Tips
- Never let your gas tank fall under half a tank. If the Shit hits the Fan, and you need to get out of dodge quickly, the last thing you want to do is get stuck in a long line at the gas station.
- Having an emergency evacuation plan is critical in any survival situation. Use Google Maps to print out evacuation routes, and then laminate the papers so they hold up when you need them.
- Have a couple of ways to communicate and get information while on the road. Make sure to keep a spare cell phone charger in your car or truck, and think about installing a C.B. or Ham Radio in your vehicle.
- Put together an emergency vehicle survival kit. Having the right kit can mean the difference between getting back on the road in one piece or being stuck in a situation that could turn ugly quick.
- Keep up on your vehicle maintenance. Check your oil, fluids, air pressure and your spare at least once a month. The last thing you need is a break down during an emergency.
- Bug Out Bag – In addition to your of your emergency kit, you should think about having a dedicated BOB that stays with your vehicle at all times.
- Tools – Invest in a good emergency toolkit and make sure you know how to do basic vehicle repairs.