Survival Kit Item – Water Filters & Purifiers
In extreme situations, people have been able to live for months without food. The same can not be said about water. Without water your body can start to feel the effects of dehydration in as little as one day.
Having a good backcountry filter is absolutely essential to your survival.
In my opinion, a water filter is one of the most important items you can have in your survival kit or bug out bag. To put it in the simplest of survival terms, without water YOU DIE!
Top Water Filters:
- SteriPEN Adventurer Handheld Water Purifier
- Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter
- Katadyn TRK Drip Ceradyn Water Filter
- Lifesaver Bottle 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle
- Katadyn Combi Water Microfilter
- MSR Miniworks EX Water Filter
- Check out the Pros and Cons of carrying a water filter in the wilderness.