After failing to pass gun control on a federal level, the anti-gun morons have devised a new scheme to take away your ability to defend yourself and your family: They will just buy gun control on a local level.
Billionaires Michael Bloomberg and Bill Gates have successfully used their wealth to help pass an initiative in Washington that puts strict limits on your ability to transfer firearms. Using over $10 million of their own money to push their gun control initiative, Gates and Bloomberg rolled out what is the Anti-Gun left’s newest scheme to kill the second amendment.
By flooding local elections with millions of dollars, Bloomberg, Gates, and a handful of liberal billionaires are attempting to push gun control through local ballot initiatives. These local initiatives attempt to either ban or make the sales of firearms virtually impossible on a local level.
After successfully passing initiative 594 in Washington, Michael Bloomberg’s gun control network, Everytown for Gun Safety, is attempting to roll their plan out throughout the country. Their next target seems to be Nevada, where the group is attempting to put a similar initiative on the ballot in 2016. Nevada’s gun bill seeks to expand background checks for private firearm transfers, guns sold at gun shows, and even those transferred or sold “among friends and family.”
What Initiative 594 Does to Law-Abiding Gun Owners
Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to a government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing. The initiative is not aimed at criminals; it’s aimed at making law-abiding gun owners criminals.
- Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.
- Virtually every firearm transfer – with very few and limited exceptions – would be required to go through a licensed firearms dealer under the provisions of I-594.
- I-594 will specifically regulate transfers, not sales. Under the language of I-594, in virtually all cases, a person merely handing his or her firearm to a family member or a friend cannot do so without brokering the transfer through a gun dealer with the accompanying fees, paperwork, taxes and, in the case of handguns, state registration.
- I-594 doubles the state waiting period on handgun sales from five to ten days and extends it to every private transfer of a handgun!
- I-594 creates government records of all lawfully transferred handguns in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.
While everyone was worrying about Federal Gun Control, The Anti-Gun Left devised a new Scheme.
This is something that I’ve been warning about for years. Back in 2012 I ran an article on the National League of Cities, an organization that was attempting to do exactly what Bloomberg and Gates just did in Washington. Over the last decade this organization, which is funded by some of the same people who helped pass the Washington initiative, has successfully helped push local gun bans throughout the United States.
Flying under the radar, this organization is responsible for almost all of the gun control measures that have been passed on a local level. Representing over 19,000 cities, towns, and villages throughout the U.S., the NLC has used their influence to ban guns in parks, libraries, public buildings and other public areas.
These organizations are backed by big money, and they intend to use that money to promote registration, restriction, and limiting your constitutional rights to keep and bear arms. Bloomberg has already stated he will spend $50 million of his own money in 2015 to push these measures throughout the country.