Today, Microsoft announced that China’s state-sponsored hackers launched a series of attacks on critical cyber infrastructure in the United States. Microsoft, in a statement released on Wednesday, said that a hacking group known as “Volt Typhoon” infiltrated several government and communications organizations in an attempt to disrupt vital communications between the United States and Asia.
The National Security Agency (NSA) issued a bulletin detailing the sophisticated techniques employed by the hackers and provided guidance to cybersecurity teams on how they should respond to future attacks. Unfortunately, this attack is not an isolated incident; it is an ongoing assault on our nation’s digital infrastructure. Microsoft, in an advisory, called on affected customers to take immediate action by closing or changing credentials for all compromised accounts. The extent of the damage caused by these cyberattacks has not been fully released to the public, but one thing is clear: China’s latest actions push us one step closer to a confrontation.
The news comes just days after it was revealed that U.S. Senators were given satellite phones in preparation for a ‘Disruptive Event.’
During testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senate Sergeant at Arms Karen Gibson claimed that the deployment of satellite communication is meant to establish a redundant and secure means of staying connected during a “disruptive event”.
U.S. intelligence agencies say they became aware of the incursion back in February, right around the time they downed a so-called Chinese spy balloon – something we believe may have been a dry run for an EMP attack on the U.S. At the very least, the timing suggests a coordinated effort by China to test the limits of our defenses and probe our nation’s vulnerabilities.
As we reported a couple of months back, four-star U.S. Air Force General Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, told his officers in a memo that they should be preparing for war with China.
Recent reports also reveal that China’s military has been engaging in simulations to decimate the American carrier fleet. For example, in wargame simulations run by China’s military, they conducted over 20 simulated battles where Chinese forces successfully sank the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier fleet using a barrage of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles. These simulations depict exactly what General Minihan warned about earlier this year.
This all comes as China has launched a silent invasion, sending tens of thousands of fighting-age men into the United States. American Journalist Michael Yon and muckraker.com have been documenting the invasion of military-aged Chinese men who are using the cartels to come up through the Darien Gap into the United States.
As we have been pointing our for years, the harsh reality is that we have been engaged in a silent war with China for quite some time, and the results are pretty damn alarming. In their relentless pursuit of world dominance, China has not only successfully stolen a significant portion of our advanced weapons systems, but they have positioned themselves as our primary source for the critical components in a massive amount of our military weaponry. And thanks to the traders within our own government, we have also become dangerously dependent on them for the equipment we need to maintain our nation’s power grid.