Two people are dead and one is in critical condition after a gunman opened fire during service this morning at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Texas.
The shooting was caught during a live internet stream of the church service (the streamed video on YouTube has since been taken down). A man dressed in a black trench coat with a hood jumped up and started shooting members of the church.
Luckily, at least five armed members of the church instantly responded and jumped into action as soon as the shooting started. Within three seconds of the first shot, one member shot the shooter and killed him before he could harm more people.
Emergency services were dispatched to the Church of Christ on Sunday morning around 9:57 a.m after receiving a call about a shooting and gunshot wounds.
The shooter is dead, one victim is dead and another victim has been transported to the hospital, @FOX4 has learned. The ages between the three range from 30-60 years old. Multiple agencies responding to the scene.— David Sentendrey (@DavidSFOX4) December 29, 2019
Mike Drivdahl, a spokesman for the Forth Worth Fire Department, said three people were taken to the hospital in critical condition.
“A very tragic day when anybody in our community suffers,” he told reporters at a brief news conference. “Our hearts and prayers go out to all the families who are affected by this.”
Fort Worth police and fire were at the scene assisting White Settlement agencies, he said. Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were also at the scene.
Tragic morning in White Settlement, where a gunman shoots up West Freeway Church of Christ. Reported that two are dead (including shooter), and another in critical condition. Also reports that gun-carrying church-goers shot the initial shooter. More on @WBAP247NEWS @570KLIF pic.twitter.com/dvh5LCTCev— Scott Sidway (@ScottyWK) December 29, 2019
WFAA-TV (Channel 8) reported that the church shooting was captured on a live stream of Sunday’s worship service. In the video, which has since been taken down, a person stands and pulls out a weapon, then appears to fire twice before another person shoots back, according to WFAA.
Statement on shooting at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement: pic.twitter.com/Crrrvavvs6— Gov. Greg Abbott (@GovAbbott) December 29, 2019
During a campaign stop in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, in September, former VP Joe Biden slammed Texas for allowing church members to carry firearms to protect themselves in Church. When politicians like this tell you that guns don’t stop bad guys, remember this video!
Video From the Shooting
WARNING: This is extremely graphic! We are showing it for three reasons:
- The mainstream media and liberal politicians will never tell you how important good guys with guns are, and how your only option to stop this type of violence is to be armed yourself!
- The people who responded to this are heroes and should be recognized for their heroic actions! They saved countless lives!
- This shows you exactly how you should respond to an active shooter situation and how quickly these types of crimes can be stopped when you are armed! You are the only one that can save yourself!
The incident comes two years after a gunman opened fire inside another Texas church in one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history.
Protecting yourself from Mass Shooters
I dedicated an entire section of my book, The Ultimate Situational Survival Guide: Self-Reliance Strategies for a Dangerous World, to self-defense topics and understanding the criminal mind because I believe social unrest and violent attacks are some of the top threats we face.
Here are some articles that can help:
- How to Survive a Mass Shooting: What to do in an Active Shooter Situation
- Situational Awareness: How to Protect Yourself by Developing your Situational Awareness
- Protect Your children from School Shooters & Mass Shootings
- Social Unrest & Violent Attacks Sweeping the Country: The Media Cover-up and Why you Need to Be Prepared! If you’re not preparing for social unrest, you’re not prepared!