In the latest crackdown on liberties, The Mayor of Washington, DC just threatened residents that they could face 90 days in jail and a $5,000 fine if they leave their homes during the coronavirus outbreak.
“Our message remains the same: stay home,” Mayor Muriel Bowser, a Democrat (I know, shocking, right?), said in a statement Monday. The stay-home order has exceptions for grocery shopping and workers who are deemed essential
The stay-at-home order goes into effect on April 1, 2020 at 12:01 am.
The latest unconstitutional order is similar to orders in neighboring Maryland and Virginia, but residents in D.C. were set shocked since only 401 of the nation’s 160,000 confirmed cases are in the area.
Monica Hopkins, executive director of the ACLU of the District of Columbia, told The Post “we would be deeply concerned” if anyone actually was arrested for violating the order.
“What we would hope for is voluntary compliance with the stay at home order and discretion on the part of officers to break those sort of things up and send people home,” Hopkins said.
Crackdown on Civil Liberties and the Suspension of Constitutional Rights
As we reported earlier today, as police and government officials threaten small business owners, gun shops, and even churches and synagogues with arrest for violating “stay at home” and “closure” orders, they are at the same time freeing actual criminals on to our streets.
Never before has a so-called public health emergency caused this type of world-wide freak out and suspension of civil liberties. Here are just a few examples that we have documented:
- Florida Pastor Arrested for Holding Church Service and Not Following COVID-19 Closure Order
- Chicago Mayor and Police Chief Warn Those Who Go Outside To Exercise Risk Arrest
- Miami to Impose Mandatory City Curfew Over COVID-19 Concerns
- Michigan Governor Threatens Doctors Who Prescribe Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- Fauci Warns Coronavirus Could Become Seasonal
- Nevada Gov. Sisolak bans gatherings of 10 or more people
- LA County Sheriff Orders Gun Stores To Close as He Releases 1,700 Inmates From County Jails.
- Gun Stores Throughout Country Being Forced to Close: Police Stop Issuing License to Carry Permits in Some Areas
- People Being Turned in By Neighbors and Arrested for Not Obeying Government Stay at Home/ No Gathering Orders
Coronavirus Preparedness Resources:
Please read our article about Media Hysteria, Global Panic, and a Rational Look at the Actual Numbers — Panic and hysteria are doing far more damage than the actual coronavirus itself! While the number may have went up a bit since we wrote the article, the main point still stands. There seem to be a whole lot of people pushing agendas and profiting off spreading fear and hysteria.
- Grocery Options that Ship to your Home: Amazon Fresh, Bulk Emergency Foods, or Amazon Grocery
- How Not to Get Overwhelmed By the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Pandemics and How to Prepare for a Pandemic Outbreak.
- Prepper 101: Your Survival Guide to Getting Started
- Emergency Communication Preparedness Checklist
- Best Emergency Food: The Top Survival Food Supplies
- What could happen under Martial law