Below you will find the latest updates and advisories for Hurricane Sandy:
10:10 p.m. EST:
9:57 p.m. EST:
- 170,000+ without power in Virginia
- WNBC-TV reporting Kennedy & LaGuardia Airports closed until further notice
9:30 p.m. EST:
- Major Flooding & electrical fires throughout New York & New Jersey
- MTS reporting 4 feet of water in subway system
- Hearing reports via FDNY Live Stream of homes with water up to attics on Staten island
9:00 p.m. EST: Major Flooding slamming the East Coast
- At least four feet of seawater has entered subway tunnels under the East River N.Y.
- 6′ of water outside of 4 New York Plaza
- Flood waters rushing into New York’s Carey Tunnel
- Reports coming in…. entire East side of Lower Manhattan is Flooded
6:00 p.m. EST: Over 1.5 million homes now without power across the east coast.
4:00 p.m. EST:
- 500,000 without power as storm moves closer to land.
- Virginia Beach, VA now reporting over 9.00″of rain.
2:00 p.m. EST: For all the people who wonder why we tell you to be prepared, check out some of these pictures that people are posting on Twitter and then ask yourself if this is the situation you want to find yourself in during an emergency…..
12:35 p.m. EST:
- Virginia Beach, VA has already reported over 8″ of rain from Hurricane Sandy
- Delaware Governor warns “People should be prepared to be without power for a week or more.”
12:25 p.m. EST: Surge Flooding starting in Atlantic City ahead of Hurricane Sandy
11:45 a.m. EST: Runways starting to flood at both LaGuardia Airport and JFK
10:45 a.m. EST: With the storm still a couple hundred miles away, East Haven, Connecticut is already seeing significant flooding.
10:45 a.m. EST: Hudson River already starting to fill up with surge waters.