Starting March 27th, the city of Miami will go into full lockdown mode at night, imposing a mandatory quarantine from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Today, city commissioners unanimously voted to enact a 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew giving police the power to stop, question and arrest anyone out in public during this time. The only exceptions will be for essential employees traveling to work, those seeking medical care, or to walk your dog within 250 feet of your home.
As fear for civil rights mounts amid the fight against COVID-19 grow, these actions seem to becoming common place throughout the country.
Here is how Miami police have reacted so far to the crisis:
Multiple examples of our Civil Liberties being suspended in the name of a public health emergency:
- Chicago Mayor and Police Chief Warn Those Who Go Outside To Exercise Risk Arrest
- Fauci Warns Coronavirus Could Become Seasonal
- Nevada Gov. Sisolak bans gatherings of 10 or more people
- LA County Sheriff Orders Gun Stores To Close as He Releases 1,700 Inmates From County Jails.
- Gun Stores Throughout Country Being Forced to Close: Police Stop Issuing License to Carry Permits in Some Areas
- People Being Turned in By Neighbors and Arrested for Not Obeying Government Stay at Home/ No Gathering Orders
Coronavirus Preparedness Resources:
Please read our article from earlier today about Media Hysteria, Global Panic, and a Rational Look at the Actual Numbers — Some people need to realize this isn’t the end of the world and that panic and hysteria are starting to do more damage than the actual virus!