At this point, the looney crap California does shouldn’t really be a shocker, but this week they tried to outdo themselves by declaring The National Rifle Association as a Domestic Terror Organization.
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a resolution this week declaring 5 million members of the National Rifle Association as domestic terrorists. The resolution was introduced by Supervisor Catherine Stefani, two days after a shooting at a garlic festival in Gilroy, California.
“The N.R.A. exists to spread pro-gun propaganda and put weapons in the hands of those who would harm and terrorize us,” Ms. Stefani said in a statement. “Nobody has done more to fan the flames of gun violence than the N.R.A.”
The N.R.A. says the resolution is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
“This is just another worthless and disgusting ‘sound-bite remedy’ to the violence epidemic gripping our nation,” Amy Hunter, a spokeswoman for the association, said in a statement on Wednesday. “This is a reckless assault on a law-abiding organization, its members, and the freedoms they all stand for. We remain undeterred, guided by our values and belief in those who want to find real solutions to gun violence.”
The N.R.A. also responded on Twitter, saying it was “the fabric of American society” and “San Fran should be ashamed.”
While we would usually ignore the crazy antics coming out of California, the resolution follows a declaration from New York Attorney General Letitia James that the NRA is not a “charitable organization” but a “terrorist organization.” She is in the process of launching an investigation into the NRA.
So this week we’ve had:
- The San Francisco government declare the NRA a Domestic Terror Organization
- Walmart announce they will no longer sell handguns; .223 and 5.56 Ammo; and ban open carry in all of their stores.
- Walgreens, CVS and Kroger Ban Open Carry of Firearms in All Stores
- The Trump Admin’s DOJ Order Apple & Google To Hand Over Names of Users Of Gun Scope App
- And the Trump administration considering a policy to use social monitoring and data collected by Amazon, Google, and Apple to determine who is mentally fit to own a firearm.
So while we used to laugh about the crazy shit California does, it seems crazy is spreading like wildfire throughout the country!