Over the next couple of weeks we will be highlighting some of our favorite new pieces of gear that we found while covering the 2019 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, but today we are going to start with one of our favorite AR pistols at the show, Springfield Armory’s brand new SAINT Edge Pistol.
If you are a fan of Springfield Armory’s SAINT line, then your going to love the new SAINT Edge Pistol. It has the same popular features that you will find throughout the Saint lineup but gives you the compact shootability of a pistol platform.
SAINT EDGE PISTOL 5.56 Specs
- Caliber 5.56x45mm NATO (.223REM)
- Magazine (1) 30-Round Magpul Gen M3
- Barrel Melonite® treated inside and out, the 10.3″ lightweight 1:8 twist CMV barrel creates a comfortable, quick-handling and versatile platform.
- Front Sight SA Spring Loaded Flip-Up, 1/2 MOA Elevation Adj.
- Rear Sight SA Spring Loaded Flip-Up, Dual Aperture, 1/2 MOA Windage Adj.
- Muzzle Device A2 Flash Hider
- Trigger SA Match Single Stage w/ Short Reset
- Upper Receiver Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum w/ Accu-Tite™ Tension System
- Handguard SA Aluminum Free Float w/ SA Locking Tabs & Hand Stop, M-Lok
- Gas System SA Carbine Length .625, Low Profile multi-mode adjustable gas block allows for tuning to specific ammo or suppressor use and is pinned to the barrel for reliable operation, eliminating the concern of the block coming out of alignment.
- Receiver Extension Integral with Maxim System
- Bolt Carrier Group Enhanced M16, MPT 9310 Steel Bolt, Melonite®
- Buffer Assembly Maxim System
- Charging Handle SA Mid-Size
- Forearm Brace Maxim Defense CQB, 4-Position Adjustable
- Safety Ambidextrous
- Trigger Guard Integral to Receiver
- Pistol Grip Bravo Company MOD 3
- Length Extended 28.5″, Collapsed 24.6″
- Weight 5 lbs 11.5 oz
- MSRP $1,559
With the same features that make the SAINT Edge a premium rifle, the SAINT Edge Pistol in 5.56 allows for maximum portability and ease of use in close quarters. The lightweight billet-machined lower receiver compliments the patent-pending full-length free float handguard, and the 10.3” lightweight 1:8 twist CMV barrel creates a comfortable, quick-handling and versatile platform. The rugged Maxim Defense CQB adjustable pistol brace reduces size, stabilizes recoil, and enhances accuracy in one or two-handed operation.
The lower receiver is machined, rather than forged, from aircraft grade 7075 T6 billet aluminum, and features Springfield Armory’s proprietary adjustable Accu-Tite™ tension system, designed to eliminate movement between the upper and lower receivers. A crisp SA match short reset trigger system provides the feel of a competition trigger in a tactical platform. The flat-top upper receiver is Type lll hard-coat anodized 7075 T6 aluminum, with a forward assist and M4 feed ramps for reliable cycling. The enhanced M16 bolt carrier group is finished with super-hard Melonite® and carries a premium 9310 HPT/MPI steel bolt, superior to Mil-Spec. The charging handle is Springfield Armory’s exclusive mid-size design for enhanced operation.
The compatible to give you an almost unlimited choice of accessories, with multiple mounting points for slings, lights and other equipment. An aluminum forward hand stop is included to keep your support hand clear of the muzzle. Under the handguard, a carbine-length, multi/mode adjustable gas block allows for tuning to specific ammo or suppressor use, and is pinned to the barrel for reliable operation, eliminating the concern of the block coming out of alignment. Unlike other “optics ready” pistols that are unusable out of the box, the Edge Pistol comes complete with front and rear spring loaded flip-up sights, allowing you to take this SAINT immediately to the range. The ½ MOA windage adjustable dual aperture rear sight, and ½ MOA elevation-adjustable front sight can be folded down or used to co-witness with optics.