Once again the mainstream media is ignoring yet another racially motivated attack. Sadly these types of attacks are happening throughout the country, but rarely receive the coverage they deserve.
If you have children, you need to be aware that these things are happening at an alarming rate, and you need to understand that your kids are growing up in a whole different world than we grew up in.
Earlier in the week, a group of kids were brutally attacked while hanging out at a boardwalk in Quincy, Massachusetts. The story received zero national coverage, and only one station in Boston even bothered to report on it after police asked for help identifying the thugs – of course, the news station blurred out their faces because being politically correct is apparently more important than helping the police identify violent criminals.
A warning to viewers: The video is graphic and disturbing. I wasn’t going to give these dirtbags the attention they are craving, but as a parent, you need to see what your kids are up against in today’s sick society. Hat tip to Gateway Pundit who is one of the only news organizations I’ve seen covering the story
Why do we cover these stories?
I started covering these types of stories for a couple of reasons.
- We are a preparedness website; for the idiots who don’t understand how these types of issues are preparedness related you are following the wrong site, and frankly, you are part of the problem.
- The mainstream media refuses to cover these stories. Apparently it’s not politically correct to show these types of things to the public; after all, we wouldn’t want people to know what the threat looks like.
- I’m sick of innocent people being targeted by these cowards. You need to teach your children how to fight back, how to be situationally aware of their environment, and not to let political correctness blind them from the realities of the world we live in.
I dedicated an entire section of my book, The Ultimate Situational Survival Guide: Self-Reliance Strategies for a Dangerous World, to self-defense topics and understanding the criminal mindset. Here are a few tips to help you start the conversation.
Help Your Child Develop Situational Awareness
- The number one thing you can do to protect yourself from violent attacks is to be aware of what’s going on around you.
- Don’t let your kid be a Zombie! Make sure they stay off their phone, remove the headphones, and pay attention. Criminals look for easy victims.
- Start when they are young. Take the time to show them examples of what they should be looking for while out in public. See who can find the most exits at the store, and who can spot the quickest way to those exit points from various spots in the store. These are the kinds of things that will prepare them to face threats and disasters.
- Teach them to be aware of their surroundings, and to start developing mental maps of places they visit. This will help them during any disaster including natural disasters, fires, or any other situation where they might have to make a quick exit.
Additional Self-Defense Reading:
- Read our article on Situational Awareness
- The seven Rules of Self Defense
- Defending yourself from multiple attackers
- Protecting Your Children from Active Shooters & Mass Shootings