Every good emergency kit should include some type of emergency candles. Candles are the perfect survival tool, and have been used throughout time to do everything from lighting a room to providing extra heat in an emergency.
Why Candles are an important item to have in your kit:
- They are great for providing you with hours of light, and are more dependable than any flashlight on the market.
- Candles in a small room or tent can help provide extra heat. They can help you stay warm in a winter emergency.
- Cooking – Believe it or not, a good candle can actually provide you with enough heat to cook or boil a small amount of water.
- Lighting Fires – It’s a lot easier, and safer to use a candle to light your fires than it is to hold a lighter or match.
- NuWick 120 Hour Canned Candle for Emergency Cooking, Heating
- UCO Candlelier Candle Lantern Deluxe Kit
- 30 Hour Emergency Candle (Set of 10)
- Biedermann & Sons 144 fifteen-hour Votive Candles, White
- Compact Emergency – Power Failure Candle – Tested 50-Hour Burn Time
- Coghlans 9248 Emrgncy Survival Candle 36 Hr