5 tips to survive a worse case SHTF scenario.
Surviving is all about knowledge, training, and preparation.
If you do all of those things on a regular basis, chances are pretty good you’ll survive even a worse case SHTF event. Fail to prepare, and all I can say is good luck, we tried to warn you!
Here are five small things you can do to prepare yourself for future problems:
Create a worse case scenario evacuation plan
Get out your notebook and start to figure out what you would do in a bug out situation.
- Do you know where you would go?
- Do you have a plan of action in place?
- Do you have alternate routes?
If not, now’s the time to create an evacuation plan.
Do a Threat Assessment
Do an in-depth assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Do you know your routes without a map?
- Do you know where to find food and water along your routes?
- Do you have a plan B?
- What are the most likely threats?
If you plan on hunkering down:
- What are the most likely threats that you’ll face?
- Do you have a security plan?
- Is your location equipped and strong enough to face these threats?
- How long could you survive at that location before leaving?
Test your Skills
Knowledge is great, but have you ever tried to put that knowledge to use? To be truly be prepared, you need to start practicing your survival skills in a real world situation. A survival situation should never be the first time you test your skills.
Take an inventory of your supplies
Take an inventory of your supplies and calculate how long you can realistically survive with what you currently have. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your inventory assessment, make a list of what you need and then start stockpiling those items. Check out our list of long-term survival foods for some ideas.
Create a Survival Binder
Knowledge is one of the most important things you can have is any survival situation. But how can you remember everything?
A good way to start is by putting together a personal survival guide filled with important articles, tips, and how-to guides. The guide should be filled with things that you would have a hard time remembering in a survival situation.