Urban Survival Sanitation – Items you should stockpile:
When planning to survive in an Urban Survival situation, one thing that’s often overlooked is the dangers associated with a lack of adequate sanitation. I know it’s not a pleasant thing to think about, but this one issue has the potential to spread disease, pollute the waterways, and kill more people than any other survival topic that we can talk about .
If something happened that caused the sewage systems to shut down and the garbage trucks to stop running, can you imagine how fast things would spiral out of control? From people “going in the streets” to those that will be burning toxic garbage in their backyards, big cities and urban areas will quickly become a threat to your health and safety.
I think sanitation will be one of the most significant survival issues facing those living in an urban environment.
Sanitation items you may want to stockpile:
- 5 Gallon Toilet Buckets or a Portable Camping Toliet
- If you can afford it, a Composting Toilet is probably a better long-term solution and makes clean up a lot easier.
- Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper
- Garbage Bags
- Ziploc Bags
- Composting System
- Chemical Gloves
- Disposable Plastic Gloves
- Soaps & Waterless Soaps
- Hand Sanitizers
- Antibacterial Creams & Ointments
- Band Aids and wraps
- Bottles of Isopropyl Alcohol
- Dust Masks
- Cleaning Supplies & Bleach
- Water Purification Chemicals ( Bleach, Iodine Tablets, etc)
- Heavy Duty Pot that can boil water over an open fire.
- A good Water Filter (we recommend the Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter)