There are literally thousands of different survival kits on the market, and to be honest most of them shouldn’t be allowed to use the name survival.
Anyone who’s ever bought a pre-made kit online probably knows exactly what I’m talking about.
How many times have you seen a kit that looked cool, only to find out that what you bought was completely useless in a real survival situation? Well that’s not the case with my newest find.
Recently, I started carrying the Deluxe Survival Kit by Ultimate Survival Technologies. While I haven’t abandoned my homemade kit, the deluxe survival kit is definitely a great addition to my gear, and is well worth the money.
The Survival Kit includes:
- Blast Match Fire Starter: The blast match is pretty cool. It’s an all-weather fire starter that generates sparks that are 3 times hotter than a regular match. It can be used with one hand, and is a lot easier to use than a standard magnesium fire tool.
- Wet Fire Tinder: This stuff can be used to start a fire even in the rain. It actually burns while floating in water.
- Star Flash Signal Mirror: The mirror that comes with the kit is extremely durable, and can be used to signal from distances of over 50 miles. The Star Flash signal mirror is the same one used by the U.S. Air Force.
- Jet Scream Whistle: LOUD!!!!! This whistle is extremely loud and is great for signaling, or scaring the hell out of bears.
- Saber Cut Saw: This was the only part of the kit that I could have done without. I really don’t like hand held chain saws, but it was better than most of the flimsy wire saws that other commercial kits include. I was able to use it to successfully cut down some small dead trees for fire wood, but I have my reservations about how long it would last in a real survival situation.
My Favorite Parts of the Kit:
- The Blastmatch and the Wet Fire…… The wet fire is extremely useful for starting fires in the rain. And the Blastmatch really cranks out the sparks.
Here is a video of us testing the BlastMatch with some dryer lint used for tinder.
Check out the Ultimate Survival Kit:
- Ultimate Survival Deluxe Tool Kit ( everything below is in the kit I listed the stuff below in case you wanted extra)
- Ultimate Survival WetFire Tinder
- Ultimate Survival Technologies BlastMatch All Weather Firestarter (orange)
- Ultimate Survival Technologies SaberCut Saw (Black)