Survival Kit Item – Duct Tape
Why Duct Tape?
Duct tape’s a great item to have in your survival kit. It has a number of uses and can help you make emergency repairs on just about everything.
What can you do with Duct Tape?
- Make emergency repairs on, tents, gear, bags, tarps, packs, sleeping bags, clothing, rain gear, etc….
- Medical Uses – making large bandages, adding padding to blisters, and making slings. It can also be used for wrapping sprained ankles in an emergency.
- Sealing Windows
- Making emergency temporary repairs to you vehicle.
- Stopping Leaks
- Repairing Torn Clothing and Warn out shoes.
- Wrapping plastic water bottles to prevent cracking and leaking.
Duct Tape Tip: When you want your repairs to last longer, ironing the Duct tape to your torn fabric will help it last a lot longer. In the field, you can use a Hot Rock heated in a fire to get the same effect.