Prepare for an Economic Collapse
Experts are warning that the economy is going to get worse over the next couple years. If things get bad, and money starts to become scarce, or worse yet it becomes totally worthless, do you have a plan of action? What if we suffered a total economic collapse? Are you prepared to survive?
If you haven’t already, it’s time to put together a plan of action.
So what should you do to prepare for an economic collapse?
Start Prepping: Now is the time to really start taking a serious look at your level of preparedness. The economy has been teetering on the edge of collapse for a while now, and our gutless politicians are only making things worse as time goes on.
- Put together an emergency kit that includes extra food & water, clothing and a portable shelter (tents, tarps, sleeping bags.)
- Think about what things are unique to your situation; things that you would be hard pressed to live without during times of economic trouble. Start stocking up on all of them now.
- For more information on prepping, check out our article on the top ten prepping tips for every SHTF situation. Every one of those tips can help prepare you to deal with an economic crisis.
Stock up on Knowledge: Knowledge is key, and now is the time to get some. During any kind of disaster, including an economic collapse, knowledge will be your most powerful ally.
- Start reading books on survival, and start collecting information on how to live off the land.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up-to-date on all the latest economic threats and preparedness information.
- Survival Laptops & Devices: Knowledge is power, but it can be hard to remember everything. Start collecting as much information as you can on survival, prepping, food storage, and living off the land. Start printing out pages to keep in a notebook, and think about purchasing a dedicated laptop or tablet to store all the valuable information you find. A small laptop or tablet can fit thousands of survival books, a countless number of internet articles, and other valuable survival files; all in a small portable device that can easily be carried with you anywhere you go. I also suggest picking up a small Solar Laptop Charger that can keep your device going indefinitely.
Stock up on Supplies not Money: Now is the time to buy the things you need! I’m not talking about T.Vs or IPods, but instead things that you’ll need to have in order to survive in the future.
- Stock up on things like clothing, food, and survival gear. These items will never lose their value, but your paper money will.
- Everyday supplies will be worth their weight in gold. It’s better to buy the supplies you need now when they’re cheap, than later when inflation drives prices through the roof. The price of everything is going up, stock up while you can.
- Put together a Bug Out Bag: Should this country face an economic collapse, chances are pretty good it will be followed by riots, violence and something much uglier than the initial collapse of the economy. You should have a Bugout bag filled with everything you need to survive in an emergency situation.