May the Force be with you!
Here are 5 Survival Tips inspired by Star Wars to help you become a Jedi Survivalist…
1. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force. – Darth Vader
GPS devices, Laser Scopes, and a myriad of other high tech devices are great, but when compared to true survival skills and primitive knowledge they mean nothing. When it comes down to it, devices break, batteries fail, and everything breaks down over time; but true knowledge, and the will to survive can help see you through just about any situation. Train, prepare, and trust your gut.
2. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. – Yoda
To be an expert in the art of survival requires constant training, preparation, and commitment. A Jedi spends a life time training in his craft; to be a true survivalist you must take time to study, read, and practice your survival skills every day.
- Finding Time for Preparedness: Bring Preparedness Related Training into your Everyday Life
- 27 Essential Preparedness Tips, Skills and Resources to Prepare for Disasters & Threats
3. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. – Yoda
Adventure and excitement have their place, but in a survival situation keeping a level head and thinking before you act equals staying alive. Despite what some popular so-called survival shows depict, survival is not glamorous and it’s not a time to take stupid chances with your life. Think, Analyze your situation, then act.
4. R2 says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1. Actually R2 has been known to make mistakes… from time to time… Oh dear – C3PO
Don’t let statistics get you down; the will to survive is a powerful thing. Ernest Shackleton’s & the crew of the endurance, Steven Callahan’s dramatic story of survival at sea, and many of the great survival stories all have one thing in common, men overcoming impossible odds and surviving because they never lost the will to survive.
5. It’s the Threats they Don’t talk about that may get you!
When planning for Survival situations, there is really only one thing that you can be sure of: Survival is going to be pure hell and there are threats that most of you haven’t even thought of, or heard of that will spring from the shadows!