Cotton balls saturated with alcohol or Vaseline make a great fire-starter.
Cotton balls are a great addition to your survival kit. When soaked in alcohol or Vaseline, they make a great fire starter that will burn long enough to get even the most stubborn fire going. In fact, a Vaseline soaked cotton ball will burn for over 5 minutes, which is more than enough time to start a fire even in a wet environment.
If you’re trying to save money, another great option for starting a fire is using dryer lint.
Just like cotton, it takes a spark with very little effort. Check out our latest fire starting video to see how easy starting a fire with lint can be.