A reader made a comment today about some of these T.V. Survival shows. I think he made a great point on what survival really means and what it takes to survive in the real world.
Real survival is downright gut wrenching
If you asked someone who lived through a real life survival situation what they think of all these so called “survival shows” they would probably tell you that while they make for great T.V. they do little to show what it really takes to survive. Real Survival is not pretty, it’s not cool, it’s not glamorous and it’s nothing like what you see on T.V.
- Gut Wrenching
- Struggling to stay alive when it seems like all hope has been lost.
- Takes something inside that few people actually possess
- Full of challenges that no T.V. show can ever come close showing
- Doing things that you never thought you would have to do
- Doing things that no person should ever have to do
- Not something that should be taken lightly.
Want to get a better picture of what it really takes to survive? Check out these real world Survival Stories