Why Gun Ownership makes sense….
It always surprises me how many people live under the illusion that nothing bad will ever happen to them. They take solace in modern enhancements in security, and stupidly believe that 911 will always be there to keep them safe.
But if you look at just the number of home invasions here in the U.S. you’ll quickly realize that counting on someone else to keep you safe is not a wise bet.
According to statistics from the F.B.I. and the Department of Justice:
- One in five homes in America will experience a home invasion or break-in
- One property crime happens every 3 seconds in the U.S.
- 38 percent of assaults and 60 percent of rapes take place during home invasions
- There are more than 8,000 home invasions reported every day in North America
- 50 percent of all home invasions involve the use of a weapon.
- The most common weapons used in home invasions are knives or other cutting tools.
- In 48 percent of home invasions victims sustain physical injuries
When it comes to protecting yourself, your home, and your family do you really want to rely on someone else to keep you safe? Can you afford to take that chance?