The Zombie Apocalypse is not only a very real possibility; I believe it’s already upon us. While it might not be the typical scenario that you’re used to seeing depicted in Hollywood movies, the reality of the situation is no less frightening.
Remember the Bath Salt Zombie Attacks? Well, leave it to today’s youth to take those drugs and glorify them as the next way to get high.
If you haven’t heard of drugs like Bath Salts, Synthetic Marijuana, and Molly, it’s something that you need to be aware of – especially if you have younger kids.
These dangerous drugs are being popularized and promoted by people like Kanye West and Miley Cyrus, both of whom glorify the dangerous substances in their songs. Drugs like Molly are being pitched as a pure form of Ecstasy, and these other commonly sold synthetic concoctions are being marketed as legal alternatives to street drugs. In reality, most of these substances are the same chemicals that have caused people to go crazy and literally try to eat other people’s faces off.
This isn’t a science fiction movie; It’s a reality.
Our society has degraded so far down into the gutter that today’s youth will do anything to escape from reality, including taking drugs that are literally turning them into real-life walking zombies. It’s really a sad state of affairs, but it should serve as a wake-up call to those who are still in denial as to where our society is heading – The Zombie Apocalypse.
I know that’s ridiculous, right? Wrong!
Now I’m not talking about the Walking Dead here. I’m talking about real-life zombies who are so whacked out on drugs, television, our sick society, and countless other degenerating factors, that they have morphed into mindless, soulless beasts that no longer care about their fellow human beings.
Think I’m exaggerating? Have you taken a good look at society lately? People are literally willing to literally kill each other over an iPhone. Forget the mindless idiots who sit in line for ten hours when the stupid phone hits the market – because heaven forbid they are caught walking around with a phone that’s more than six months old – people are actually killing each other over iPhones.
But it’s not just iPhones; it’s our whole sick society. We have a culture that’s become obsessed with anything immoral, and everything violent.
If you think the Zombie Apocalypse is just science fiction, take a look at what’s happening on the streets of Chicago. In my opinion, Chicago is a thousand times worse than a Zombie movie, and it could be a good look at what our future has in store for us.
In Chicago, over 2,800 people have been shot this year. Many of these people were shot and killed simply for walking over some imaginary line in Chicago’s notorious gang filled neighborhoods.
While some would like to pass these incidents of as anomalies, or something that only affects urban areas, the problem is much more than an inner-city problem.
This culture of violence has invaded every aspect of our lives. These aren’t poor urban kids in some neighborhood that you’ll never have to walk through; these are people of every race, and from every corner of America. Watch the first five minutes of your local news tonight, and then tell me I’m wrong.
The Zombie Apocalypse is Here, and it’s only going to get Worse.
In my opinion, our society is just one disaster away from total collapse. Take a look at disasters like Hurricane Sandy and Katrina, and then imagine what would happen if our country was to face a similar, but prolonged nationwide disaster.
It’s not the Walking Dead who you’re going to have to worry about.
- It’s the 70% of Americans who rely on prescription drugs to function; the ones that will be going through massive withdrawals once they can’t obtain their medications.
- It’s your neighbors who will be killing each other for food and water; because they thought watching reality T.V. was more important than preparing for what’s coming.
- It’s the over 50% of Americans who depend on Government assistance to live.
- It’s the unprepared masses who are so reliant on modern technology that they actually admit they wouldn’t last over 2 weeks without electricity.
- It’s the average American Citizen who has forgotten the skills they need to survive without running to the local Walmart.
Did you know the average American spends more than 40 hours a week watching TV? That’s more time than someone spends working at a full-time job! According to a study commissioned by Nokia, the average cell phone user checks their phone at least 150 times a day, or approximately once every 6 minutes.
But it’s even worse when you take a look at the next generation, who spends more than 71/2 hours a day consuming digital media. Is it any wonder why society is devolving into a bunch of zombies? We have a world full of people who have literally checked out of reality.
Yes, folks, the Zombie Apocalypse is here; unfortunately, the zombies aren’t slow, and they’re not dead.
So What can you do to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
- Take the threat seriously. I know we’ve had a little fun here using the Zombie Apocalypse to illustrate the problem, but nevertheless, the problem is serious and it affects us all. Don’t forget, during a disaster people (especially the Zombies) are going to be one of the top threats you face.
- Don’t be a Mindless Moron. Preparedness is the key to staying alive during any disaster. If you spend most of your time playing video games, staring at a screen, or whacked out on some type of drug, you might want to rethink your choices. Don’t let yourself become one of the zombies.
- Do Something to Prepare. From learning how to hunt and fish, to taking a weekend hike or camping trip, there are a million fun things you can do that will also help prepare you for tough times.
- Pay Attention to Your Kids. If you have kids, please pay attention to what’s actually going on around them. The amount of harmful garbage they’re exposed to on a daily basis far exceeds what most of us experienced throughout our entire childhood.